The scrolling images above are of board members , directors and senior managers of SABP and MCCH Society Ltd. These images are already available online on SABP's and MCCH's own websites. Click on images for details of who these people are.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Network Problems

I contacted Surrey & Borders IT team ( tel 01883 383 599 ) first thing this morning to ask why the Trust's website had been down for days and after being rudely interrogated repeatedly asked about who I was by a techie named Mauricio I was provided with the url for the Surrey & Borders intranet.

When I explained to Mauricio that I meant the Surrey & Borders public website at www.sabp.nhs.uk not its intranet at nww.sabp.nhs.ukhe agreed to contact someone responsible for managing the public site to find out what the problem was. After being put me on hold for a very long time Mauricio returned and sheepishly explained that he had been told that the public site was experiencing ' network problems'.

Hmmmmmmmmm...

The site is now back online

2 Comments:

At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go, they all seem abit stupid there dont they??

 
At 1:29 am, Blogger simply human said...

Well the PPI picked up on it very quicky as I got this response within hours of reporting problem.

"I have contacted the Trust IT Department to find out why the website is unobtainable.

The website is administered by another location and they are looking into the problem.

I have asked them to respond by email to me when they have a reply.

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Kind Regards

Rosemary Sheppard

Assistant Support Officer – Surrey Forums"

Soon afterwards Rosemary sent me another e-mail with an attachment from David Sandy , Surrey & Borders Web Developer explaining that the server had been down.

The PPI response time was excellent , its just a pity the forum seems unable to move at the same speed to protect service users who are less able to get their concerns across but so very easy to ignore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

toolbar powered by Conduit