The scrolling images above are of board members , directors and senior managers of SABP and MCCH Society Ltd. These images are already available online on SABP's and MCCH's own websites. Click on images for details of who these people are.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Trust asked to explain evasiveness in answering FOIA requests

E-mail from Jill Goble to Declan Flynn and Peter Kinsey . For anyone new to this blog I should just explain that these two bureaucrats work for the Surrey & Borders NHS MH Trust , Kinsey is the Director of Operations and Flynn is his flunkie. To date these two have gone to perverse extremes not to answer FOIA requests or ignore them.

Dear Mr Flynn

Yes I eventually received my Freedom of Information Act request answers last week.

The letter was signed by Mr Peter Kinsey. He has neglected to answer my questions concerning the Minimum Wage Investigation that is taking place for the Priority Enterprises and to make the details of this investigation public to me.

He also did not answer my question concerning the official status of the disabled workers at the Priority Enterprises and whether they are trainees or volunteers or what? Perhaps you or Mr Kinsey could now enlighten me with answers to these questions?

Mr Kinsey also did not give me the individual sales figures for the Priority Enterprises which I need answering in my questions concerning the enterprises accounts.

I am also addressing this mail to Mr Kinsey in the hope that between you you can see this as a complaint concerning the questions that have not been answered in my FOIA requests and can respond by giving me the omitted answers.

On another matter I am wondering if you know that UNISON publish posters about how disabled people can organise their own workplace unions and other disabled people's rights and I wonder if you can organise distribution of these posters around the Priority Enterprises?

The link for ordering the posters is

www.unison.org.uk/disabled/pages


I would also like to ask what plans SABPT are making to comply with the Disability Equality Duty which comes into force in December?

Yours Sincerely

Jill Goble

2 Comments:

At 9:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been away today but when I got back I found the following from Declan Flynn and I must say he is the only person up at SABPT who has ever acknowledged getting my mails. In fact the others denied all knowledge of them until I made formal Freedom of Information Act requests. Anyway it isn't an answer to my questions but at least it is an acknowledgement...:

Dear Ms Gobles

I am sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with Peter Kinsey’s response in regards to your FOI queries. Please allow me a little time to look into this matter.



Yours sincerely



Declan Flynn

Acting General Manager

 
At 8:00 am, Blogger simply human said...

Jill,

Peter Kinsey deliberately avoided answering my questions and dragged out a response citing 18 hour FOIA rule for information the Trust already had .He clearly spent more time consulting with SABP's FOIA and legal team on this matter than he did trying to answer my questions and in doing so he imposed costs on me.

The fact that your questions were not acknowledged or answered properly either establishes that there was a clear pattern of Kinsey messing people about.


Kinsey lectured the general public on how 'Modernisation' was necessary to more clearly define the status of service users engaged in SABP's employment and training schemes and yet he now ducks and weaves along with Helen Lockett and Dr Bob Groves the project manager and adviser , to avoid clarifying the actual status of the garden centre workers and whether they are training, engaged in work experience or indeed considered to be 'working at all.

All we have been told is that they are volunteers but volunteers who used to get paid a pittance but who for the last 4 or 5 months have been forced to work for nothing.

I think Kinsey should resign as it has been his arrogance and dishonesty as much as the Trust's failure to properly consult and work with service users that has so alienated people and turned an issue that was already reflecting badly on SABP and its management into a total public relations disaster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

toolbar powered by Conduit