The scrolling images above are of board members , directors and senior managers of SABP and MCCH Society Ltd. These images are already available online on SABP's and MCCH's own websites. Click on images for details of who these people are.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Campaign Celebrates First Official Chill Day


We've come a long way as a campaign in the last 4 months with everybody mucking in and doing their best and its clear to me that we all deserve an official break because taking on the system is exhausting. From SABP's official responses and records I've posted on the Campaign Organiser its pretty clear that Fiona Edwards , Peter Kinsey and Declan Flynn et al have been taking annual leave to keep themselves and their lives in balance so today is going to be the Justice for the Surrey & Borders NHS Partnership Garden Centre Workers Campaign's Big Chill Day .

Its our turn to Chill. We've earned it.

And dont worry , the problems arent going to go away while we are all chilling out today as the Surrey & Borders NHS Trust , SCMH and the Richmond Fellowship will be actively scheming on how to wrongfoot the campaign and race through to the conclusions they all decided upon long before they ever consulted service users involved in the Trust's work services.

After our official Big Chill Day I would like to look at better ways to track how FOIA and other enquiries and questions are being handled and dealt with by the Trust, you know, a way to better automate this. We need a system which it makes it easier for us all to keep an eye on the bigger picture while doing the best we all can to fight and keep an eye on our little corner of it.

Perhaps we can also include a better map of how SABP's services work so that if people arent happy with the response they get from Fiona say, they can go to the person responsible for what she does or the Secretary of State for Health or Parliamentary oversight and scrutiny Committee above them.

In the meantime, I want to add a new section , open source free Chill Resources.

Feel free to share your thoughts on how you want/need/plan to Chill today.

5 Comments:

At 12:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll chillout playing some music today. Including that old song 'There's something inside so strong. Here are the lyrics:
Something Inside So Strong
(From the CD - "So Strong")

The higher you build your barriers
The taller I become
The further you take my rights away
The faster I will run
You can deny me
You can decide to turn your face away
No matter 'cause there's

Something inside so strong
I know that I can make it
Though you're doing me wrong, so wrong
You thought that my pride was gone... oh no
There's something inside so strong
Something inside so strong

The more you refuse to hear my voice
The louder I will sing
You hide behind walls of Jericho
Your lies will come tumbling
Deny my place in time
You squander wealth that's mine
My light will shine so brightly it will blind you
Because there's

Something inside so strong
I know that I can make it
Though you're doing me wrong, so wrong
You thought that my pride was gone... oh no
There's something inside so strong
Something inside so strong

Brothers and sisters
When they insist we're just not good enough
Well, we know better
Just look 'em in the eyes and say
We're gonna do it anyway
We're gonna do it anyway
because there's

Something inside so strong
I know that I can make it
Though you're doing me wrong, so wrong
You thought that my pride was gone... oh no
There's something inside so strong
Something inside so strong

 
At 12:51 pm, Blogger simply human said...

I was looking for Penguin Cafe Orchestra MP3's to send someone yesterday when I stumbled on this guy covering a well known anthem of theirs.

Guitar Picking

 
At 4:32 pm, Blogger simply human said...

Labi Sifri - Something Inside So Strong

How Soon Is Now

 
At 9:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today Tim decided to Chill out by swapping his wheelchair for the new sporty model from Rolls Royce . The Top Gear team were orginally scheduled to test drive the beast but with the Hamster injured for overturning a lawnmower driven box at , oh some very pedestrian speed in a tip I'm sure you all heard about and me fully booked up opening supermarkets , Tim decided to do the decent thing and offer his services.

Next week the stig is test driving a jet propelled version of Tim's wheelchair at Doddington racetrack...Bonneville Flats eat your heart out.

 
At 11:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penguin Cafe Orchestra on South Bank Show

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

toolbar powered by Conduit